Pages

Sunday 16 April 2017

Happy Easter!





 


 Easter bunnies have arrived at my house, the ceramic variety.
I found the little pink bird and the bunny in a shop in Shrewsbury, the pretty lights were a Home Bargains find, (amazing what you can find in Home Bargains, and the crochet eggs I made last week after finding a great tutorial on You Tube, (I've put the link to the tutorial in the side bar, if anyone is interested).  

Another two new bunny additions for the mantle


I love this one with her little green bow and her blushing cheeks


And a larger companion for the pink eared bunny I found last year


 I finished this blanket for the new baby.  I actually finished it a few weeks ago but only just got round to blocking the ends and taking a photo



I'm trying to keep things gender neutral, although Joanne had her second scan last week and both she and Gavin know what they are expecting but they have been instructed NOT to tell either me or Mark, we would rather wait, I think it's exciting guessing whether we will have a second grandson or a little girl this time.  I have my ideas of what it will be, I have from the moment they told us, but we will see :-) 

I hope you are all having a lovely Easter, the weather here has gone a bit cooler than we had it last week but at least it's dry.  

We are just about to head over to my eldest daughters for Easter lunch, a treat letting someone else take care of the cooking :-)

Until next time
-X-

17 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely knit and congratulations on your future little one. They may slip up like my son and daughter-in-law did before our youngest grand-daughter was born. Like you I guessed correctly and and had secretly knitted a pink item.

Happy Easter

Julie xxxxxxx

cucki said...

aww lovely knit and congratulations on the sweet little one..
happy easter x

Mac n' Janet said...

Happy Easter, love all your bunnies! What a lovely little blanket, I wouldn't want to know the sex either.

Jo said...

Such pretty Easter decorations. I love the blanket and I'm sure it will be treasured by the new arrival whether it be boy or girl. I didn't find out what I was having with either of mine, I wanted it to be a surprise. Enjoy the rest of the weekend with your family.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Beautiful blanket, it looks so soft. We had rain here most of the day, have a lovely Easter xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your Easter tree and other ornaments are lovely and I like the colours in the baby blanket.
Happy Easter.

Barb said...

I hope your Easter was wonderful. The decorations are so pretty. I love the tree. The blanket will be just right whatever the sex of the baby.

butterfly said...


Love all your easter decorations , rabbits wow love them I am such a rabbit fan.
Lovely baby blanket
This is the first easter I have not put out my decorations just a peter rabbit.
We have just been just so busy, I brought a beautiful white tree too never mine there is always next year.
Thanks for sharing yours , Happy Easter.

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love bunnies to. the crochet eggs are so pretty. Your blanket is beautiful

Vickie said...

Your decorations are fantastic! And so is your future grandbaby's blanket. :D

Debbie said...

Beautiful baby blanket, lovely knitting and the colours are just wonderful together. Love youe Easter decorations. Debbie

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely Easter decorations and perfect blanket

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

How exciting, another grandchild, congratulations! The blanket will be so soft ... beautiful!

Your Easter decorations are LOVELY.
Happy Easter!

xxx Carolien

Mouse said...

awwww your decorations are lovely and that blanket is fabulous too ... hope your guess is right, well it will be 50/50..lol love mouse xxxx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Love all your Easter decorations! The baby blanket is absolutely beautiful! So much more fun to be surprised by the sex of the baby at birth. I hope they keep the secret for you!

Julie said...

Nice blanket to snuggle a new little person in.
Pretty bunnies you've got on show for Easter

Sarah in Stitches said...

I LOVE that blanket! The colors are gorgeous. Great Easter mantle, too! :D