Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

All the knitted things and the mum-to-be

I hope you are all well on this fine Sunday afternoon and making the most of this wonderful weather?

It's been beautiful all week here which means the tubs and baskets need watering every night, a bit of a chore but worth it when they reward you with such lovely colour :-)

I'll share some photos later, but first I wanted to show you some of my knitted finishes.

I have been in a very knitty mood lately, finding it much easier to pick up and do a bit when i don't have time to sit for long, and these little cardigans don't take long at all.

The first two cardigans are the Puerperium cardigan, a free pattern which you can find on Ravelry .

I knit both the long sleeve and short sleeve version, personally I prefer the short sleeve, which is showing up more blue in this photo than the duck egg colour that it actually is.



This one is also a free pattern, JAY Baby Cardigan, again from Ravelry


The ones above were all knit top down.  I'm a new convert to top down knitting, it's so quick and easy, and no seams to sew up!

These other two were done a while ago just form a basic baby cardigan pattern (and before I discovered top down)



I've been trying to use stash yarn, hence the same yarn colours and you might have noticed that I have yet to sew any buttons on.  Despite having a ton of buttons I hadn't got any that were really suitable for baby cardigans, so a trip to the shop is planned this week and I can sew them all on together.

And here is the mum to be :-)

Only 6 weeks left to go.  Poor thing has been suffering in all this heat.

We went out on Saturday and she caught sight of herself in a window and said, I forget how fat I am until I see myself in a mirror.  Awwww, bless, she not fat is she, she's blooming :-)



The bite on my ankle has healed, well all except for the part that has scabbed over that is.   
Thank you for the get well comments on my last post, it seems that quite a few of you suffer the same sort of reaction when bitten, I feel for you, it's not pleasant.

I've avoided doing anything except watering in the garden this week.

Here are some of the things that are looking good out there at the moment.








I hope you all have a lovely week
Until next time
-X-

14 comments:

Jo said...

Awww, how exciting knitting all the little cardigans and waiting for a special someone to come along and fill them. Joanna is blooming and definitely not fat! I was like the Michelin Man with Daniel, I think I've got one photo of myself when I was expecting him, and none when I was expecting Eleanor. I hate sewing seams so I think knitting top down is a great idea. Your garden is also blooming, the hydrangea is such a pretty colour.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard those last few weeks, but tell your daughter that she LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Best wishes to her for these next few weeks and good vibes for an easy delivery. I know the baby will be WELL DRESSED!

The sweaters are so cute.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

She's not fat, she is beautiful and very pregnant. Sweet sweaters waiting for the little one, the flowers are beautiful

KC'sCourt! said...

Being pregnant is not fat and looks wonderful

Julie xxxxxxx

butterfly said...


Lovely baby knitting , and beautiful garden flowers .
I have never knitted top to bottom , is it easy Maggie.

Barb said...

All the blooming things are lovely, including the young lady!! Such cute little knit things!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Oh I love to see a baby bump, blooming, infact blooming beautiful are the words that come to mind. I've never tried knitting from the top down and really love the short sleeved cardigan so will try and remember to go and find it on ravellry tomorrow. Your little cardigans are absolutely gorgeous xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the knits, my good wishes to all, especially the mum to be!

All the best Jan

Sarah in Stitches said...

Awww, look at all the baby cardigans! They're so sweet, I'm sure the new mommy is going to love them! (Gorgeous hydrangeas too - they're my favorite flower) :D

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful cardigans for the baby. Your daughter looks well.

Wish our garden looked as good as yours.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggi,

Yes, mom and the flowers are blooming indeed, lovely toe see!
Your cardigans are so cute!!!
I'm glad the ankle is getting better ...

xxx Carolien

Carol said...

Aww... that sweet baby will be so well-dressed in your lovingly knitted creations, Maggie! I had my youngest in the middle of summer so I know just how your daughter is feeling...it won't be long now :)

Julie said...

Great selection of hand knits.

Sok Sareth said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.

ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา