Pages

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Offpiste

 When I went to the craft show at the NEC in March I bought a kit to knit an asymmetrical scarf, I was really drawn to the colour and the yarn was really soft and squishy.  
It's called the Off piste scarf and is from The Wool Shop Leeds, I don't think they have a bricks and mortar shop any longer, just a website.


The pattern and two balls of James C, Brett Twisted yarn were included, I chose the shade T3, but the kit does come in other colours. 
It's just so soft and drapey, I'd definitely consider using it again to knit another scarf or shawl.

It was a lovely day when I washed it and I decided to hang it on the line with some pegs to weight it down, I bet the neighbours wondered what I doing, lol


The weather was glorious for the majority of last week, this week the temperatures have dropped again, I'm glad I took the opportunity to get out in the garden while it was nice.
The daffs and the forsythia have finished now but they do bring some colour while they are here.



Just a few days of sunshine and the white tulips are joining the pink ones


 And the Pieris has turned a glorious red.


In just a few days the Hostas doubled in size


 and the anemones, which I had forgotten I'd planted were a nice surprise.


The previous owners planted lots of Primula's so we have them dotted all over.


My fairy garden :-) 
Not everyone's cup of tea, but it makes me smile when I look out my kitchen window.


Mark thinks I'm totally insane, but seeing this little house lit up at night makes me smile :-)


Something else that made me smile, our cheeky squirrel, he was in no hurry to move from his sunny spot on the bird feeder!


Thank you to everyone who stopped by to leave congratulation messages, Arthur is already growing so fast, he didn't loose any of his birth weight but has gained 7oz in just over a week!

Oliver is taking everything in his stride, being the only one for so long we did wonder how he would react to having another small person in the house, but he's enjoying being a big brother, that may change in a few years when he has to share his toys, lol.


Until next time
-X-

10 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Well, I for one like the fairy toadstools and the little house would make me smile to see it lit up at night.
Your garden is a picture.
Briony
x

butterfly said...

Lovely post , beautiful garden .
I really love the fairy garden .
Lovely grandsons such a cute photo.

Jo said...

Awww, lovely photo of the brothers. It looks like Arthur is going to be dark like Oliver. What a great way of blocking the shawl, saves having to pin it all out on mats and you did right taking advantage of the weather. Your garden is delightful, I love a bit of whimsy in a garden and think your fairy garden is the cutest thing.

Tina said...

Awww love the brother picture, your garden is lovely, love the fairy garden.I've been wanting to do one in a pot. Lovely colour shawl xx

Poppypatchwork said...

Clever way to weigh your shawl on the line, your garden is so full of colour, so many beautiful flowers at this time of year. My sister would love your little houses in your garden, I like the toadstools. The little brothers look perfect together, it's an exciting time for you.

Vickie said...

Oh I enjoyed your garden very much Maggie. Your new header picture is beautiful. And so are your grandsons.

Carolien said...

Hello Maggie,

Good morning!
Love your shawls and the drying system, good tip!
Oliver and Arthur are so cute ...

Enjoy your lovely garden, great time of year!
xxx Carolien

Julie said...

A lovely picture of the boys together.
Your garden is filled with lots of spring colour.
Love the shawl.
xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love the colour of your shawl. I'm envious of your garden, it looks so good. A beautiful photo of the two boys.

Eloise thisissixty.blog said...

What a lovely colour the shawl is, and the anenomes too! I love those pretty little flowers but have never had any luck growing them. Nice tulips too. My tulips are not yet out but they are in the front garden which is north-east facing.